Trap triggered | SEEDS SALE 2017 | FACEBOOK | Gallery | Video channel | Camera Gears | Email me
Update: Best view in 1920 x 1080 resolution

Thursday 14 February 2013

Happy Valentine's Day 2013

`Happy Lunar New Year everyone!! It's a new calender year or moon phase, also know as Chinese New Year. This is also part of the reason for the late update.

More info on the Lunar New Year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_New_Year
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunisolar_calendar
Images

Update on batches seeds movements:
TC batches has no obvious development.
"Tiny" has no obvious development.
Rest of "ST DA" and "RR DR" VFT seed has molding so I've threw them away.
I've transfer the last Drosera Aglica seed from ST DA batch and the 2 VFT seeds from Mix batch to Fittest's container.

Something Bad happen to "Santa", Twice!!
A week ago, I've noticed "Santa's" color been turning more brown, afraid it will not grow, I've quickly placed it in LFS with "Caterpillar". "Caterpillar's" been missing, I coulnd't find it. Lets hope they grow. The other bad thing, the wind was too strong today, it swept the small container where "Santa" and "Caterpillar" sits, off the window about a meter down to my table. Luckily, only some sphagnum moss fell out, "Santa's" still in place, but I don't know about "Caterpillar" :(

Day 81 "Santa" don't look so good, hope it'll survive...
Image



"Fittest's" been growing! It's second trap looks like it's gonna open, I could see a slit from the trap. Taking a good look at the first trap. I really wonder if that is the final development...? Could it have some traits of the sawtooth?

"Fittest" at Day 85. First trap, I thought I see a tiny trigger hair..?
Image

"Fittest" at Day 85. Second Trap, ready to open!
Image



Day 27. Some good sun from past weeks has "Baby" growing, the colors on the leaves got greener compared to a few weeks back when I've first got it.



I think I had enough monitoring CP seeds germinate in closed up / Macro for now, so I wont be germinating seeds in water for a while. I've set up a seed germinating container and sow the rest of my 19 Royal Red, Sawtooth UK #1 and Mix VFT seeds in it. I've dropped additional 3 Drosera Anglica and about 6 Drosera Rotundifolia seeds hoping to get some random germination.

I'll name this mixed batch of 4 different cp seeds, "Rojak batch" 25 seeds on 14 February 2013

In Singapore, when we mix everything together, we simply call it "Rojak". Name of a malay dish.

Rojak batch Day 1




The New Zealand Sphagnum moss that I used, was boiled to make sure no fungus came together from the pack. Somehow the moss from "Baby's" pot is turning green slowly and seems to be growing well? Is that possible after boiling/killing the plant totally?

Sphagnum moss turning green with shoots?
Image
Image

Lasly, Happy Valentine's Day to all too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment